It seems apropos to make a new years resolution to be more active on this blog. Will I be able to add content here at the simple pace of once per week (basically I am shooting for 52 posts in the year 2011)? I honestly can’t be certain, but I can definitely try. I seem to be fairly good at these type of challenges. When looking back even over the last few years here are some of the challenges I have successfully conquered:
- I quit smoking cold turkey January 25, 2007 and haven’t had a single cigarette since.
- June 1, 2009 I challenged myself to quit drinking alcohol until the new year. I successfully made it to 2010, with my first drink being a glass of champagne with my lovely wife at the stroke of midnight.
- On October 1, 2010 I decided to entirely stop drinking soda. I have successfully avoiding drinking soda ever since.
Here is to hoping for another challenge met and completed.
Since I am setting myself up I also thought I would take a minute to highlight some of my goals for 2011:
- Graduate with a BS in Business Administration from Upper Iowa. After having started going nights in 2005 I am finally at the door steps of completion of my degree and couldn’t be happier!
- Continue to advance my career. I am very happy to have the job I currently have, but am always interested in a new challenge. I would love to take on a new opportunity.
- Meet my weight goal of 170 lbs (as of today I am at exactly 200 lbs).